Thursday, April 1, 2010

Fontana mtb race


Like all my other mtb races I never been to Fontana, so my dad and I drove there Friday afternoon to pre-run the course. We got there and it was packed, it was getting dark so I got ready and did my first lap, easy 29 minute lap, second lap a couple of minutes faster and the third and final lap about 24 minutes or so.

I felt like I was coming down with something, a head cold or a like. Drove back down to San Diego. Saturday I rested I'm trying different things out to see which works out better on race day.

Sunday we left at around 8am, got up there paid and got registered but I didn't feel 100%. Got some H2O drinks from my sponsor tent and waited for the 11:30am start time.
I stared to do my warm up at around 11am and saw some of the same guys from Sagebrush.

The start time came and we were off, I went to the front and that was pretty much it, except I was coughing up a lung, really bad loud and dry. Nobody was pushing me at all so I was a good day to be a little beat up. I won by like 9 minutes after the race I took advantage of the mavic truck, I took my bike in to get a busted spoke fixed, they fixed two free of charge, that's the cool about big races.

So that makes it two races and two first places, so now I start to think about the so cal cup and the kenda cup. I feel that I'm finally improving, even with the sinus problems an a cold here and there I'm 1000% better than last year.

Next stop Santa Ynez ca April 10-11.

No comments:

Post a Comment