Sunday, August 15, 2010

Baja racing



OK went to baja to race this Sunday, I entered U23. The pros and U23 race together and the same course. I was rested feeling ok after a few days off, but the fork and brakes were acting up and it was too late to do anything about it. The temp was just under 90 and about 1200 feet of climbing per lap, our race is 5 laps long about 5 miles each. The first lap was furious going way too fast plus the heat, a tough lap to survive.

After the first 24 minute lap I was 6 overall and 2nd U23, stayed like that for another two laps then I caught another pro which put me 5 overall and 2nd in class.
The heat was really intense I drank about 3 bottles of H2O overdrive drink, so as far as hydration was concerned I had it covered, about 10 pros quit. The bike worked great,I just need my new fork oh yeah a to put my old brakes back on.

By now I was feeling a little tired and the suspension and brakes weren't getting any better, I was making up ground on the 1st place guy but my gearing selection was not helping, so I just settle to finish the last two laps. That's how we ended up, it was a great training race, so the preparation for bonelli park looks great.

I was going to do some filming but I forgot my epic camera, I'll use it Sunday during my track race. I don't have any more races(mtb) until bonelli park, after that three long solo efforts, all endurance's .
thanks
ed ellin

No comments:

Post a Comment