Saturday, August 7, 2010

Racers and chasers race

I went to do the race without pre running the course, by that I mean that I have never ever been there. But I was going to use it as a training ride, I wasn't to worried. The course was a 10 mile loop with some nice climbs, one really steep one all of them short and a couple of small water crossings.

The Pros and experts went out together, I went to the front with the pros and I stayed with them until that very steep climb right there is when I knew I was tired the legs burn a little too much, from there on I just rode trying to stay in front of as many guys as I could. I wasn't sure who was a cat 1 much less in my age group, my cannondaleFLASH flash was working great, I drank some h2odrink and rode.

My dad told me how far I was front the front every time I went by. I finished my 30 mile race got first place. The awards ceremony started and I got some cake Roberts mom(the organizer), his mom's birthday is Monday so they had cake. They had raffle my dad and I both got tickets and we both won, two t-shirts and to cannondale water bottles oh and some cannondale gloves. I got my cool trophy(I always stay for the trophy) out of respect to the organizer's and also 30 khs bucks, so I got all my entry fees back.
The cannondale rep was there and because I got my flash on the box, he gave me another t shirt.

To recap
I forgot my cool epiccamera
a nice 30 mile training race
2 water bottles(cannondale)
3 t shirts
1 pair of gloves
30 KHS bucks I not sure how to use them

The cannondale rep was there and because I got my flash on the box, he gave another t shirt.
Photos later

Next race in Baja next Sunday

No comments:

Post a Comment